Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meeting




The city is my church,
and I'm compelled with every single particle
of the platform that will take me
to another galaxy.
As soon as I get home,
the sounds won't stop beating,
the lights won't stop colliding
till I say my mind's off,
my mind's off tonight.
The city embraces all her sons
with words like metal.
And maybe I have a metallic heart,
a motorized box that keeps my feelings
and keeps every snapshot
of every place I meet
every face I meet
every heart I break.
I can see a trend in the air,
a pattern in the airwaves made upon
the secrets you gather throughout.
And my prayers are there
and they shine on their own
because they are amazingly rebel
to everyone but One.
The city is my church,
and I'm intertwined with every breath
that is breathed in the melody
of a second.
I love my city, and it's me
who will bring it alive
in the back of my hands.
Let's celebrate, let's cry, let's pray
that this city is ours
and that every move
enchains the next one.
I pray next time
I can find the sea.//

No comments: