Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Emily (To Emily Dickinson)



Emily rested in a delicate patchwork

made out of blinding sounds

and perfumes.

Are you talking to me? Emily played

with little dusty particles in the air.

And wrote about it in the very wind

she breathed and let go from her lungs.

I could see her very lungs filled with

the images of a colorful forest

that only existed trough her vital mixture.


Emily saw me standing with my eyes wide open

decoding the letters at her feet, accidental

and purposeful to unresponsive beings,

unresponsive creatures she knew well.

Her look was the sun blooming and

undresing, fireworks eclipsing by the

movement of her eyelashes. And she called me

friend.

Friend, sit by me. Let's knit together.


We knitted socks and baked some cookies.

And her self deprecating humour made me laugh

my head off. We also uncovered the secrets

of the Universe without leaving her windows.

She wrote the sunrise. She wrote the sea.

She made the bees dance just in front of me.

And while sharing her maiden poetry with

my astonishment

she held my hand and taught me to write

sunrises and seas and bees and secret dances.

And life. Simple life.


I kissed her goodbye and she gave me

a bag full of bread and apples.

I'm your disciple, Emily. I am

the one who will kiss your tombstone

every single saturday afternoon.

No, she frowned as if I had been cursing nature.

No, you are my friend.

You are nothing less

than my sister and my friend.//

No comments: