Thursday, January 6, 2011

City Skyline


I confess: this is the first time

I can see the city skyline.

I guess I was just too little, just too simple

trying to figure out how it should look like,

how it should shine and shine and get dark

and my eyes would gather all the secrets

the city kept for itself.


I guess I was a bit of a sleepyhead,

a bit of a scatterbrain

in my little candy dreams.

Pulling my thoughts into the easiest way

to paint the skyline

the way I wanted.

But what I really longed for

was to see it through.


But I opened my eyes in such a way

that all my crafts and fantasies

were finally gone.

And my anxiety was done

when you finally came into my solitude.

And you gave me a ladder

I climbed,

painfully I climbed,

reaching out the window

(and I was so little, so little)

and looking up, looking up

with my eyes wide open

and you beside me



And I confess: this is the first time

I can see the city skyline.

It looked like my fearsome fears

but I was not afraid.

It looked like the bottom of my tears

but I was not that sad.


Somehow

it will always touch the sky

even though it may be merely an

optical illusion.

Somewhow

it is just too close.


The city is the limit.//

No comments: